Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baby Blanket



I am very excited to finally post a completed project. This blanket is for my brother's baby who is due sometime in November. I was very unsure about how this blanket would turn out, but in the end, I'm very happy with it. I found the pattern in Alterknits by Leigh Radford. It is worked in basic stockinette stitch with a seed stitch border. When I finally finished the blanket, it was very crooked, curled and not that pretty. I have never actually blocked anything and I didn't have high hopes. But in the end, blocking made a HUGE difference. I will now be blocking everything!!!

The blanket itself was easy to knit, the hard part for me was adding the fabric. I am not much of a sewer so that was difficult for me. I have also never used batting but it turns out that was easy to figure out.



The only modifications I would make next time would be to pick up and knit all the borders. If you follow the pattern, only the side borders are picked up and knit. While attaching the fabric there is a great edge with the picked up stitches that makes it easy to get a clean, straight line. It is very difficult to find that edge on the top and bottom borders because it seems to blend it with the back of the blanket.

Overall, I'm very excited about this blanket and excited that I have one less project to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment