Shop Now

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend in Arnold

A few times a year we go to my family's cabin in Arnold.  It's one of my favorite places to be.  It's the kind of place where you can read all day long and not feel guilty about work/cleaning piling up.  It's the kind of the place where getting dirty is part of the fun, not having to worry about makeup or doing your hair.  The kind of place where my girls can run wild and not get in trouble.  I hope when they get older, they'll remember the fun times they had in Arnold.

It was a quick trip for us this time.  We drove up after work on Friday and came home Sunday afternoon, but we were able to pack a lot in.

Friday night was bonfire and s'mores.  This was pretty exciting since neither of my girls had ever had s'mores before and didn't even know what they were.  It was a big hit.


Saturday morning was spent on the back porch reading and playing games.  Saturday afternoon was spent at Beaver Creek.




Sunday was Fly-In Lake and lots of floating and sandcastles.



It was a perfect summer weekend and I'm already counting the days until we go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment